Inserting the Battery
To prepare the DJI FPV drone, start by inserting the battery plug into the Drone. Once inserted, turn on the battery by pressing the button once and then holding it until it beeps.
Attaching the Propellers
Next, you need to put on the propellers. Make sure to match the two propellers with the red circles to the motors with the red circle, and attach the plane propeller to the plane motor.
Inserting the SD Card
Move on to inserting the SD card. Look for the little pull tab on the front of the Drone, and insert your micro SD card there. This is necessary for taking pictures and recording videos.
Setting up the Headset
The DJI FPV drone comes with a headset that has four detachable tenis St It screws. Screw them onto the headset. The headset also requires a battery, which you can connect using the cord provided. Insert one end of the cord into the battery, and the other end into the headset.
Turning on the Headset
To turn on the battery for the headset, press the button once and then press it again while holding it until the light becomes solid.
Connecting Your Phone
To connect your phone to the headset, you will need the appropriate cord. If you have an iPhone, use a USB-C to iPhone cord. Plug one end into your phone and the other end into the headset.
Controlling the Drone
The control of the DJI FPV drone is straightforward. Twist on the detachable analog sticks and turn on the controller by pressing the power button once and then holding it until the light becomes solid.
Downloading the App
To control the drone through your phone, you need to download an app called DJI Fly. Once downloaded, open up the app. If it’s your first time connecting, you may need to follow the setup instructions within the app.
Updating the DJI FPV Drone
To ensure the optimal performance of your DJI FPV Drone, it is important to keep it updated with the latest software and firmware. Follow these steps to update your drone:
1. Turn on the Drone: Before updating, make sure the drone is turned on and paired with your controller. Confirm that everything is properly connected and ready to go.
2. Press the Update Button: Look for the update button on your drone and press it. This will initiate the update process. It is important to have a stable internet connection during this time to ensure a smooth update.
3. Wait for the Lights: Once the update process begins, you will notice flashing lights on the drone. Wait patiently until these lights become solid. This indicates that the update is complete.
Preparing for Flight
Now that your DJI FPV Drone is updated, it’s time to prepare for your first flight. Follow these steps to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience:
1. Clear Space: Find an open area with ample space to fly your drone. Ensure there are no obstacles or obstructions that could interfere with the flight.
2. Controller Setup: Hold the controller securely and make sure it is in the correct position. Keep it level and ensure there is a clear space above it for smooth and unrestricted flight.
3. Propeller Start: To start the propellers, press both buttons simultaneously. You will hear a distinct sound indicating that the propellers have started. Be cautious and keep away from the rotating blades.
4. Takeoff: Slowly and steadily lift the drone into the air using the controller. As you increase the altitude, the drone will start to hover in a stable position. Congratulations, you are now airborne!
Remember, practice makes perfect when it comes to piloting your DJI FPV Drone. Take your time to familiarize yourself with the controls and features before attempting more complex maneuvers. Always fly responsibly and adhere to local regulations for a safe and enjoyable flight experience. Happy flying!