JJRC HY-90 Cheap GPS GoPro Lifting Drone Flight Test Review
This drone stands out as the least expensive GPS drone that’s able to lifting GoPro (or GoPro clone) type cameras. It appears to be an upgraded model of the Syma X8C, however with GPS added. It is usually able to FPV flying. Use TOMTOP Coupon "HTHYCG" and discover the 720p (widespread 2.4Ghz WiFi) FPV model right here , and the 1080p (5Ghz 802.11ac WiFi) FPV model right here . Make sure to confirm that your telephone is certainly 802.11ac WiFi succesful earlier than buying the 1080p model. Please be aware that I flew the essential (non FPV digicam) model on this video. However that model just isn’t at present out there on the market. Nonetheless, you’ll be able to nonetheless use a GoPro mount like I did with both of the above FPV variations.
– Very cheap improve to the nice previous Syma X8C, however with GPS functionality added. Can use broadly out there spare elements (propellers, motors, and batteries) for the Syma X8C.
– Computerized return to dwelling and touchdown functionality on command, lack of sign, and on low battery.
– Quite simple and simple to conduct GPS compass calibration.
– Headless mode and focal point circling functionality.
– Motors are brushed Syma X8C motors. This implies quite simple and simple plug-in motor alternative ought to a motor fail. Alternative motors are additionally very cheap and broadly out there (simply Google search "Syma X8C motor").
– Each variations can be utilized with non-compulsory GoPro digicam mounts out there for the Syma X8C, Bayangtoys X16/X21, or MJX Bugs 3. Flying with a GoPro (or clone) digicam offers MUCH higher video than the inventory 720p or 1080p digicam. Recommend Google search "Syma X8C digicam mount". It’s best to simply be capable to discover a appropriate digicam mount for this drone for beneath $5.
– FPV and Comply with Me functionality (to make use of such, the drone have to be flown with its app and its offered 720p/1080p digicam).
– The 1080p model requires a telephone with 802.11ac WiFi (the 720p model makes use of widespread 2Ghz WiFi). Not everybody has 802.11ac WiFi on their telephone. Earlier than contemplating buy of the 1080p model, it is rather vital to first confirm that your telephone has this kind of WiFi. In any other case you will be unable to view FPV video or use the observe me functionality of the drone.
– The 720p model ought to work with most telephones because it makes use of quite common 2.4Ghz WiFi. Nonetheless, count on quick FPV vary of about 40-70 meters when flying with the 720p digicam hooked up and plugged in, on account of 2.4Ghz frequency interference with the drone's controller (which additionally occurs to make use of 2.4Ghz).
– In case you use spare batteries, strongly suggest that you simply wait no less than 15 minutes between flights to permit the motors to chill down after a flight. In any other case it’s possible you’ll expertise a lot shorter longevity of the motors than regular.
– Propellers might have balancing to scale back vibrations and video jello.
– Count on quick flight time of about 7 minutes when lifting a GoPro on account of elevated energy requirement of lifting the added wieght of the GoPro.
Affiliate hyperlinks: For gratis to you, I do obtain a small fee for gross sales ensuing from these hyperlinks.
This video together with each video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. Chances are you’ll obtain this glorious, and no kidding "free" video editor right here
"Awel" by stefsax
is licensed beneath a Artistic Commons license:
music was shortened to suit size of video.